QuickBooks Desktop Integration
Blixo is designed to natively integrate with QuickBooks Desktop to enhance the accounts receivable functionalities of QuickBooks. This manual outlines the procedure to set up the integration and elaborates its detailed workings.
Attention: If you want to connect QuickBooks Desktop to your account contact Blixo Customer Support and we’ll do it for you. This feature is only available on paid plans.
The following features are incorporated with the QuickBooks Desktop integration:
- Importing unsettled invoices from QuickBooks Desktop
- Importing customers from QuickBooks Desktop
- Reconciling payments received on Blixo with QuickBooks Desktop
- Syncing payments made on QuickBooks Desktop with Blixo
|Blixo||Sync to Blixo||Sync to QuickBooks||QuickBooks Desktop|
|Credit Note||←||Credit Memo|
Compatible QuickBooks Versions
The QuickBooks Desktop integration is functional with these versions of QuickBooks (for Windows only).
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions (2015 or later)
- QuickBooks Premier (2015 or later)
- QuickBooks Pro (2015 or later)
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks (2015 or later)
- UK editions of QuickBooks (2015 or later)
- To start synchronizing with QuickBooks Desktop, first navigate to Settings → QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select Install.
- Modify the integration settings as per your requirements.
- Click on Download QWC configuration.
- Select Generate QWC configuration to download the QWC file.
- If not already done, install QuickBooks Web Connector on the computer where QuickBooks is installed.
- Open the downloaded Blixo.qwc file in QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Input the generated password. Remember to do this prior to closing the configuration screen on Blixo as the password can’t be recovered once you click Done.
- Once the web connector is installed, you can alter the integration settings as per your requirements.
In this section, you will understand how to utilize the QuickBooks Desktop integration.
Follow these steps to run a Blixo sync. This will sync the supported data flows between QuickBooks and Blixo.
- Launch QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Close any open windows on QuickBooks related to the documents that will be synced.
- Check Blixo and select Update Selected.
- Upon completion of the sync, your data should be visible on Blixo.
Once the integration is fully configured, new transactions will be synced with Blixo going forward. The integration does not synced data created prior to the installation of the integration. See Importing Data for guidelines on importing transactions prior to Blixo installation.
Enabling automatic syncing
QuickBooks Web Connector can be set to automatically perform syncs by enabling the Auto-Run setting and specifying the frequency of sync in the Every_Min box.
This section documents all the limitations, peculiarities, and specific scenarios to be mindful of when utilizing
In case of persistent issues or if you need assistance at any stage, please feel free to reach out to the Blixo Support Team. We are more than happy to assist you with any questions or problems you may have.
Remember, the QuickBooks Desktop integration is designed to make your financial management more efficient and seamless. By importing, reconciling, and syncing your data, it reduces manual work and keeps your financial records up-to-date and accurate.
Thank you for choosing Blixo. We are committed to providing you with the best possible service and improving your financial management process.